Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Gratitude

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
This blog is set up in reverse chronological order. You may want to read the blog by going to the early entries first and then work your way up to the later entries.

I have spent an enjoyable and informative week in Cambodia attending the World History Association symposium in Siem Reap Cambodia. I hope that this blog can give readers a small taste of the experience that I enjoyed. Some of the entries deal with ancient Cambodian history and architecture, some deal with the tragic history of Cambodia's recent past, and others deal with the simple observations of a curious traveller.

I would like to give thanks to Mrs. Pullen, Dr. Watts, and Mrs. Wolcott for letting me take the time away from school to have this professional development opportunity.

For providing me professional inspirations: my colleagues at Saint Stephen’s, my colleagues in the AP World History community, and my students.


For filling in the gaps in my absence: my wife Heather, my sons Kyle and John, Mr. Zappa, and Mrs. Pommer.

For being my tour guide and encouraging me to come to Cambodia: Marc Gilbert who is the president-elect of the World History Association.

I would also like to extend gratitude to the kind and generous people of Cambodia, who seem to have a gentle approach to life despite the tragedies of recent years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment